Registration is now closed. See you on Friday!
The Spring 2016 joint meeting of the Law Librarians of New England and Association of Boston Law Librarians will be Friday, April 8th, at the Northeastern University School of Law.
The theme of the meeting is "Access to Government Information." We will be spending the day discussing the role of law libraries and the government in providing access to this information, and why it is so critically important.
Registration is $50 for LLNE members, and $40 for ABLL members.
Space is Limited! Register Today!
While you are registering, take a look at the Spring Meeting Service Project. You do not not even have to attend the meeting to help out!
Thank you to our current sponsors!
All sessions will be in the Dockser Building, Room 240, unless otherwise indicated
8:30 - 9:00 Registration / Breakfast
9:00 - 9:30 Introductions
9:30 - 10:30 Keynote: "Hot Messes, Dumpster Fires and the Role of Law Librarians in the 21st Century"
Sarah Glassmeyer, Research Fellow, Harvard Library Innovation Lab; Affiliate, Berkman Center for Internet and Society
10:30 - 11:00 Networking Break
11:00 - 12:15 Panel 1: Social Justice & Public Access to Government Information
- Dan Jackson, Executive Director, NuLawLab
- Susan Drisko Zago, Associate Professor of Law, Director of the Law Library, University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Adam Ziegler, Manager, Special Projects, Library Innovation Lab at Harvard Law School
- Moderator: Cate Kellett, Catalog and Government Documents Librarian and Lecturer in Legal Research, Lillian Goldman Law Library at Yale Law School
12:30 - 1:45 Lunch
Location: Alumni Center (6th floor of Columbus Place), 716 Columbus Ave. Guides will be on hand to coordinate getting there and back.
2:00 - 3:00 Panel 2: Access to Records
- Beryl C.D. Lipton, Reporter, MuckRock
- Joe Keefe, Archivist, Naional Archives and Records Administration
- Pam Wilmot, Executive Director, Common Cause Massachusetts
- Moderator: Elliott Hibbler, Senior Law Librarian, Northeastern University School of Law
3:00 - 3:30 Dessert Break, sponsored by Bloomberg BNA
3:30 - 4:30 Panel 3: Government Information and Boston Area Librarians
- Kevin Coakley-Welch, Librarian, Office of the Attorney General of Massachusetts
- Helen Lacouture, Associate Law Librarian for Access & Organization, Boston College Law School Library
- Moderator: Brian J. Harkins, Head of Reference, Social Law Library
Note: Panels are subject to change. Times are set.