Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- International Treaties: Universal application (e.g. Int’l Convention on the Rights of the Child), or regional (e.g. African Charter on Human and People’s Rights).
- Customary international law: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Topics vary; broad or narrow.
- Soft law: UN resolutions, decisions of human rights bodies, non-binding treaties, etc.
- Soft law has a high possibility to become hard law lik customary international law like UDHR and treaties.
- Cases: International or national
- Country Reports: From IGOs, NGOs, and Governments
- Opinions of Highly Qualified Publicists: Most secondary sources such as treatises and Articles