LLNE is proud to offer two scholarships for members to attend this meeting! The LLNE and AALL Meeting Scholarship Guidelines are reproduced here. If you are interested, please complete the scholarship application linked below and submit it to Liza Rosenof, chair of the LLNE Scholarships Committee.
Application Deadline: May 17th
LLNE and AALL Meeting Scholarship Guidelines
Each year, in recognition of its role in furthering the participation and engagement of its
members in LLNE and AALL, the Law Librarians of New England allocates funds to
support LLNE members’ attendance at LLNE meetings and the annual AALL
conference. All members of LLNE are encouraged to apply.
1. The applicant must be a current member of LLNE, with current year’s dues paid at the
time application is made.
2. Current Scholarship Committee members are ineligible to receive awards during their
3. Scholarships will be available to the fall and spring LLNE meetings, and to the annual
AALL meeting or institute.
4. Scholarship(s) may be awarded for each of the LLNE meetings. The amount awarded
for each meeting may vary, reflecting the registration fee, location and length of the
5. Scholarship(s) may be awarded to the annual AALL meeting and/or related
institutes/workshops. AALL scholarship award amounts vary depending on the
conference location and corresponding travel costs.
6. In selecting the award recipients, the Committee will consider the following factors:
a. Relevance of the meeting to the applicant’s present position.
b. Lack of financial assistance from employer.
c. Individuals new to law librarianship and/or LLNE.
d. Demonstrated commitment to LLNE or law librarianship.
e. Long-standing members of LLNE who lack financial support to attend meetings.
f. Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship
7. If for any reason an award cannot be used as requested, or funds subsequently
become available from your employer, the award (or the unused portion thereof) will be
returned to the Treasurer of LLNE.
8. A scholarship recipient should be prepared to account for those expenditures covered
by the award amount.
9. Recipients of LLNE or AALL meeting scholarships awarded by LLNE will be required
to share information on the meeting attended with the membership. This may take the
form of an article for the LLNE News and/or a post for the LLNE Blog.
10. No member may receive an LLNE award more frequently than every third year. This
restriction will apply separately to LLNE meeting awards, AALL meeting awards, and
continuing education awards. A member of LLNE may be eligible to receive one LLNE
meeting award, one AALL meeting award, and a continuing education award within
the same three year period.
11. Applications for the LLNE meetings scholarship and the AALL meetings scholarship
must be received by the Chairman of the Scholarship Committee by the designated