Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Massachusetts General Laws
- Some key state laws on the environment can be found in Title XIX from Part I (Administration of the Government) of Massachusetts General Laws. Below are links to specific sections of Title XIX:
Title XIX Agriculture and Conservation
Note: The official version of the General Laws is now published every two years, with cumulative pamphlets released periodically. The website provides a searchable version of the General Laws; however, this version is considered unofficial and each law should be checked against its official printed copy.
MassDEP Laws & Rules
- Environmental laws and regulations administered by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
General laws of Massachusetts
Call Number: Law Stacks KFM2429 .M37
The official printed version of the General Laws. The General Laws are published every other year. Make sure you are using the copy that contains the most recent publication of the Massachusetts General Laws.
Code of Federal Regulations
Examples of key regulations:
Note: This online version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) is not considered official. Each regulation should be checked against its official printed copy.
- Below are some sample laws relevant to environmental law. Links to EPA's summary for each of these are provided.
Clean Air Act
- 42 U.S.C. § 7401 et seq. (1970)
Clean Water Act
- 33 U.S.C. § 1251 et seq. (1972)
Toxic Substances Control Act
- 15 U.S.C. § 2601 et seq. (1976)