Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- CDC Wonder: Wonder is the Center for Disease Control's user-friendly statistical research engine. This tool can help you find data and statistics on a wide variety of health-related issues, which can be organized and broken-down by age, demographics, geography, and other factors.
- National Center for Health Statistics: A part of the CDC, this organization's website has much of the same information as CDC Wonder, but it is organized by topic (instead of being a search engine).
- The CDC and NCHS also produce annual reports with selected, important statistical information called the Vital Statistics of the United States.
- The 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012 printed editions are on the Law Library Reference Shelves, call number: HA203.V58.
- These, and older, editions are available on the CDC Website.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation: A non-profit organization dedicated to producing health policy analysis and journalism, they also produce many health-related studies and polls. Of particular note, the Kaiser Family Foundation produces information on the cost of healthcare.
For information on Climate and the Environment, look at these resources:
- Climate.gov: Provides data and statistics produced by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Environmental Dataset Gateway: Provides data and statistics produced by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Geoplatform.gov: Collects and provides access to geospatial data produced by Federal government agencies.
For information on Energy, look at this resource:
Books Available at NU Libraries
For more information on Health topics, please see these LibGuides made by Snell Library:
For more information on Environmental and Energy topics, please see these LibGuides made by Snell Library: