Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Massachusetts Mandated Health Insurance Law
- MGL c.111M
- Key provisions of the Massachusetts mandated health insurance law include subsidized health insurance for residents earning less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level, and low-cost insurance for all other residents who are not eligible for insurance through their employers (unofficial).
- St. 2012, c.224
- An Act Improving the Quality of Health Care and Reducing Costs through Increased Transparency, Efficiency and Innovation. Health Care Cost Reduction. Signed Aug. 6, 2012. Various sections effective 2013-2017. See sections 281A-308 for specific effective dates.
- MGL c.175I through MGL c.176Q
- Covers various types of health insurance, including HMO, PPO, Group, Non-Group and more (unofficial)
- 956 CMR
- Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority
- For more information see the official website of the Massachusetts Judicial Branch